Thursday 22 March 2007

Marriage

My heart racing fast

sweat on my forehead

My ears were oblivious

to what was being said.







I stood there stupefied

wondering what to do

what state of madness

this situation brought me to.







The nerves were a wreck

I wanted to run far away

I could not bear the burden

of responsibilities coming my way







Then she appeared before me

all demure and shy

A subdued smile on her lips

probably a tear in her eye







Her beauty was enchanting

and my heart skipped a beat

Her lips so full of life

her voice so sweet.







And suddenly the world changed

and I did not want to run away

I wanted to hold her, kiss her

and make love to her all day.







I could not live without her

that I came to know for sure

I could take on the world if she was with me

and suddenly I wasn't afraid any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment