Monday 3 November 2003

Waning skills....

Finally, the probability of not getting selected into the Institute's cricket team yet again stares at me. Although there are hundreds of reasons I can probably enumerate for this mishap, I am unable to bring myself to the reality that probably I am no longer a capable player. :( It is tough to come to terms with this fact. I guess it is part of life that while we learn new skills & knowledge as we move on, we tend to forget a lot of others too. Or probably Jean-Baptiste Lamarck's law of use and disuse applies to skills and knowledge too. :)

I am learning a very important lesson in my life and that is - I cannot be good at everything that I do. There are some who are better than me in some of the things that I do. Whatever I am good at, I should not ignore it and let it die; I must keep indulging myself in that activity to keep myself good at it.

As of now, I seem headed to book a place in the stands for the Inter-IIT cricket matches.

No comments:

Post a Comment