Saturday 16 May 2009

The Sound of Music

Do you remember the song “Bhool Ja” sung by Shaan? In the music video, if you’d noticed, Shaan was sitting in a recording studio singing this song. Today for the first time in my life I got the opportunity to sit inside one such recording studio and the experience I must tell you is simply unbelievable.

Coming from a family that has a long history with music, vocals to be more precise – my parents sing, my grandparents and, I am told, their parents all sang too – it was not a surprise that sooner or later I would find one of my family to be inside one such studio. It has now begun with my father and, boy, was I blown away!

My father by the way is recording a few songs that are expected to come out in the market in the month of August. I am his biggest fan and over the years I have realized more and more what a fantastic singer he is. I have seen him mesmerize audiences, big or small, wherever and whenever he has sung. I have seen people coming up to him with tears in their eyes after having been deeply moved by his rendition of a bhajan or a tragic song. I have seen people literally bless him with innumerable good wishes because he brought some sort of inexplicable joy in their hearts with his renditions.

Today when I heard him sing sitting in the recording studio, I discovered how truly blessed he is (touch-wood!) with a voice so amazing that would be an object of envy to many. The quality of voice, the melody of the music, and the emotions in his singing, all flowing in a divine confluence of music that was just simply breath-taking!

I cannot contain my excitement as I wait for the finished product to come out in the market. I pray to God to bless him with all the success he deserves. All the best, Appa!

7 comments:

  1. Let us know when the album is out. And, yes, all the very best to Mr Iyer! --Ajay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dad is truly blessed. (so are you) I have heard his rendition of Rafi's songs you had uploaded. Mind blowing.

    My dad who is an ardent fan of Rafi had the same response others had on that thread - that Rafi had a very unique voice distinct from everyone his era and even today. Very few can do justice to his songs. And your dad definitely awed him.

    Convey my regards to him and hearty wishes and prayers for him to reach & awe more of us mortals :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's great, Akshay. am so thrilled for Uncle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. when are u gonna make it into the recording sound box?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Ajay: will do Ajay. It is likely to come out some time before the holiday season this autumn.

    @Jyoti: Thanks Jyoti. Please convey my regards to your father for his appreciation. I shall convey your father's wishes to my dad.

    @Pratibha: Thanks Pratibha. I shall try to send you a CD in Singapore. :-)

    @Aniruddha: whenever you are ready! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey congratulations to uncle - so when r u joining him :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My heart swells with pride to have had the privilege of meeting Uncle ji in person .

    And bhaaya if you don't mind can I have the links to the uploaded songs in question ?


    -Naveen Negi

    ReplyDelete