Thursday 24 April 2003

Its four in the morning. I am sitting in my lab with a book open in front of me that, ideally, should be commanding all my attention. But strangely, the fear of examination has not yet made its unwanted, but inevitable, presence in my mind. The ecstacy that followed the success of my stage II presentation is still showing its after effects, duly keeping the exam jitters away though there is also this ever increasing realization in the sub-conscious level that an extended stay of this ecstacy can cost me a course! Yes, the examination is tomorrow and the impending doom accompanying it is already creating reverbrations in the annals of my brain. A compromise on sleep is worthwhile on most accounts and especially in sensitive situations as these. However, in my case it does not hold any meaning as it is lost in the frantic battles of Age of Empire or the adrenalin-raising races of Need for Speed. Finally, as the birds wake up to welcome the sun and witness the crack of dawn, I begin to understand the futility of this exercise; my eyes, along with my sub-conscious have already lost the battle to sleep and the mind, well, convinced by the heart that it can and will do its best tomorrow. And with this hope, I bid adieu to this looooooooong day. Hopefully, the new morning will bring new zeal in me to prepare to combat the challenges of the exam day.

No comments:

Post a Comment